Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Wednesday 22 September 2010

New Voices - finally, I posted my entry......

Phew!!!! After ages of writing, re-writing, throwing what I'd done in the bin and starting again I have finally posted an entry on to Mills and Boon's New Voices competition site.

It's incredibly difficult knowing how one's writing will be out there for all the world to see. Strange really, as I have a number of things published with My Weekly and People's Friend but of course these have been passed by an editor and purchased. That gives you faith in yourself. But to put something up that no editor has read and approved as worth having is an entirely different matter. Anyhow my cheesily titled entry is 'Cougar Mum, Cub Dad.' Yes I know it's an awful title but it does what it says on the tin. I wanted to do something different and thought the idea of an older woman and younger man might buck the trend a bit although of course that is a trend that is happening in spadefuls in real life. Mills and Boon are pretty good at keeping up with trends which is one of the things that makes them so successful. So, if you fancy going to have a read of my entry, it's at romanceisnotdead.com and you just have to put my name or that cheesy title into the search box for it to come up.

It's been great looking at the entries although I have been so busy with other things I didn't have nearly enough time to read as many as I wanted or to post comments but I have looked at a couple of really excellent ones, far better than mine. The M&B dream is not dead, just slumbering....... Good luck to all the entrants and hurrah to everyone for making it such an interesting comp.

5 comments:

Jude said...

Hi Cara

I loved your New Voices entry. Struggling actor - successful actress. Older woman - younger man. With all that potential conflict, what's not to like!

Good luck
Jude x

Judy Jarvie said...

Yey. I am liking that title a lot! And am a bit put out that I've missed the voting but will check out it! Sounds brilliant, Cara!

Congrats on your acquisition too! jx

Scarlet Wilson said...

congratulations on your entry Cara, off to read it now!

Cara Cooper said...

Thanks girls for your encouragement. What a buzz NV has caused! Judie, don't worry about missing the voting. It was a flawed system sadly and really difficult to give people the marks that you wanted. Susan, I check your blog all the time with fingers and toes crossed for a good result. I'm so sure you're going to be successful I just keep wondering how long before they give you the thumbs up because I know it WILL be a thumbs up. Thanks Jude, multi-layered conflict is such an incredibly difficult thing to create but I'm reading a Liz Fielding right now and she does it beautifully. The trouble is there's never enough time in a day. I am at present writing instalment two of a serial for The People's Friend, if only there were 25 hours in a day. Good luck to all of you!

Backyard Design Spokane said...

Lovely blog you have herre