Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Thursday 24 February 2011

Meeting Heidi Rice in Selfridges


I had met Heidi before at Romantic Novelists Association events but this was going to be something special. Heidi had been asked by Mills and Boon's PR people to help promote them in Selfrdiges, London where I believe she is now Writer in Residence which sounds incredibly grand. And actually it is. I had forgotten how lovely Selfridges is. I'm usually a John Lewis girl and I know Harrods very well because I used to work there. But Selfridges is something else. A real emporium totally full of wonderful goodies.

I met Heidi with two other would-be M&B wannabes. We chatted in front of a lovely display of covers of their books, some of which went back for years. We had coffee and I felt, for once, like a lady who lunches. Heidi gave us a good overview of what the genre requires and the display with wonderful old bookcovers and titles was well worth seeing. We even got a free copy of Heidi's latest, 'Surf, Sea and a Sexy Stranger.' A great day!

4 comments:

Rachael Thomas said...

Oh, I wish I lived closer to London. I'd have been there too!

Cara Cooper said...

It was good and Heidi's a lovely person who really knows her stuff. They may well go around the country with different writers - they certainly did the same with the New Voices Teach-ins which were similar. Although I have to say Bromley library where I went to hear Fiona Harper wasn't nearly so enticing as Selfridges!

Talli Roland said...

Writer in residence at Selfridges! Dear Lord, I can't think of anything better! Sounds like a great event.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I love Selfridges and I love Heidi - so I'm very jealous.

XX