Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Friday 20 April 2012

Lucky 7 meme

Wahay, I've been tagged by super writer Kate Jackson Bedford to do the Lucky 7 meme. Here's what you do......: go to p77 of your current work, 7th line down, and paste the next 7 sentences. Then tag 7 others. This is open to adjustments. If it's a short story make it 7th paragraph etc. So here we go, my book is set on a desert island near the Seychelles (hence the gratuitous photo of a lovely palm fringed beach). ' Business had always provided him with a diversion, he loved the cut and thrust of it but he never had time to stop and stare. But stare he did, at Nancy. At her coffee coloured limbs, like a newly frothed cappuccino. At her long undulating hair which cloaked her shoulders. At her feet where she had kicked off her sandals to feel the soft moss underfoot and squeeze her pretty toes into the greenery as if she were part of it whilst she wrote her notes as if her life depended upon it. He thought of the flowers which covered and surrounded the sanctuary that was her hut. None of them glowed like she did.' Thank you Kate. I now have to tag 7 others. Here's 3 to start with, anyone else who'd like to have a go, let me know and I can go and check it out. It's fun and it does force you to put a microscope to your work - not always comfortable, but a good exercise in self examination for writers! So, I'm now tagging: http://carolmaclean.blogspot.co.uk/ http://jeanbullswritingblog.blogspot.co.uk/ http://ros-readingandwriting.blogspot.co.uk/

5 comments:

Rosie Hendry said...

Great seven lines, Cara. Gorgeous setting, looks so inviting on a grey, wet Saturday. Which publishers are you aiming this story for?

Carol MacLean said...

I'd love to dive into that warm, turquoise water right now. Interesting idea, the Lucky 7 meme so now I need to go and have a shot with my own WIP!

Cara Cooper said...

Hi Kate, I'm aiming for People's Friend with that one. I could do with a desert island right now, it's so chilly out there! Hey Carol, 7 lines do look odd out of context, but it's an interesting exercise. Thought I'd go and look at the Jodi Picoult I'm reading and hers are very dramatic! By the way, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but couldn't manage it this time although I did before.

Kiru Taye said...

Hi Cara,

You've got a lovely 7. I loved the gentle descriptive section. Flowers and moss makes me want to go sit outside and enjoy nature. :)

I did 7 a few weeks ago, if you'd like to check it out. http://kirutayewrites.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lucky-seven-his-princess.html

Julia Broadbooks said...

A great descriptive 7 from you! And the picture really sets the mood.