Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Saturday 3 November 2012

Yay! I've been shortlisted for Festival of Romance Award...

Yes folks, 'The Sanctuary' has been shortlisted in the Best Short Romance category and I can't wait to go to the awards ceremony. I am in very good company as other excellent writers and friends such as Liz Harris (The Road Back AND Evie Undercover), Phillipa Ashley (Miranda's Mount), and Talli Roland (Build A Man) are also nominees. There is to be a glittering awards ceremony - HOORAY, any excuse to buy a new dress and shoes!!!! This will be held at the Festival of Romance Gala Dinner on Friday 16 November. If you haven't already booked for the weekend, do take a look at the website here where you can get details of all the fantast events such as a Romance Readathon and a Meet the Authors for coffee and cake where I will be present (I'm never far from a piece of cake!) I hope to see some of you there! Do let me know if you're coming, it should be a fabulous weekend.

10 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

That's very exciting for you Cara. Well done.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Huge congratulations cara!

Pat Posner said...

Congratulations, Cara. I think I told you a while ago I read and enjoyed The Sanctuary when it was first published as a PN.

Rosie Hendry said...

Brillant news, Cara. Well done and well deserved.

Rama Ananth said...

Congratulations!!!

Phillipa said...

Congrats, Carla, how great to be in such lovely company. Can't wait for the awards party. Xx

Cara Cooper said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Shallow creature that I am, the main thing occupying my thoughts is what to wear at the awards party! Any excuse to go totally over the top, and I will go for it, BIG TIME. I shall have to try and veer towards cool and sophisticated rather than loud and brassy but I'm afraid my real self will probably win. Look forward to seeing you there Phillipa and any others who are coming, and even if I don't win (which I probably won't, I am in some extremely excellent company and my money's on the wonderful Fiona Harper) being shortlisted has been lovely. Pat and Kate, what do you think of the new Easy Reads which have replaced the PNs? I'm working on a crime novel right now and really enjoying getting into the head of a murderer.

Monique DeVere said...

Fantastic news, Cara!

Congrats and best luck for a win! :)

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Great news, Cara - well done! And good luck on the night. I do wish I could go - must look at it for next year. Hope you find a great dress!

Cara Cooper said...

Thank you Monique and Rosemary, it'll be fun and luckily I've lost a little bit of weight recently so I should be able to get into some of my existing long dresses - after all there is a recession on!