Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Monday 18 June 2012

Inspiration for The Sanctuary....

One of the nice things about writing romance novels is that the research can be great fun. No, I'm not talking about researching Thames Barges for the latest Victorian era pocket novel I'm working on - although I love those boats. Neither do I mean talking to friends about their Christmas rituals for a short story idea I have for a competition. No, of course it's spotting gorgeous looking actors and thinking, 'wow, that's my character (fill in appropriate name here!) I did that tonight whilst I was watching The Wedding Date, a sweet romcom starring among others, Jeremy Sheffield. He has a lovely smile and is exactly as I imagined my hero Scot to be in The Sanctuary. Here's a gratuitous photo of Jeremy with his kit off, after all Scott and Kimberley, the heroine in The Sanctuary are married so it's okay! Not bad huh? This research it's tough work but someone's gotta do it! You can buy The Sanctuary from Astraea Press my lovely American publisher here. It's a sweet, feelgood story of losing love and finding love.

No comments: