Hello.....

....welcome to my blog on writing, reading and living in London ......

Thursday 21 June 2012

The Sanctuary my heroine, and an extract

Here is the lady who inspired my heroine, yes, it's the Duchess of Cambridge. Sweet, hard working, dedicated to her relationship and beautiful with it... I get the feeling though that there is a backbone of steel there which will carry her through living in the public eye. For today's extract from The Sanctuary my new e-book published by Astraea Press, I have chosen from the beginning of the book. I think we all know that heart-plunging feeling when we think we've been forgotten. Or that gnawing reality that dawns, when we begin to feel our relationship's days of wine and roses might be waning and we will need to work hard to get it back on track. Scott and Kimberley's relationship needs some serious work doing on it. Hope you like the extract! "He hadn't remembered. Her fingers tightened over the steering wheel. Could it be possible that it was only their third anniversary and he hadn't remembered? No, no it couldn't she told herself as she weaved through the traffic. He couldn't have changed that much. Their first anniversary, he had given her a card with a beautiful scene of the sun setting over St Mark's Square. Inside it had read, "Darling, every day I thank God I married the most beautiful girl in the world. So for the most beautiful girl, let me take you to the most beautiful place in the world. Venice." That afternoon, only giving her a couple of hours to pack jeans and t-shirts to go sightseeing and a couple of cocktail dresses for going out, he had whisked her off in a taxi to the airport. They had drunk champagne on the plane, and after they had touched down in Italy, a water taxi had taken them on the magical journey into Venice. Just like the front of the anniversary card Scott had given her she'd greeted Venice as the sunset shone orange on the old waterfront buildings. With Scott's arms draped over her like a warm cloak, feeling the lilt of the water taxi as they both looked out on the gentle waves of the lagoon, she had felt she could never be happier." You can buy The Sanctuary by clicking on this link.

2 comments:

Anita Chapman said...

Congrats and best of luck with The Sanctuary Cara! I love Venice and did the trip from the airport in a water taxi a couple of years ago with my husband-a wonderful experience!

Cara Cooper said...

Thanks for your comment Anita, Venice is one of the most amazing places on earth, I was absolutely blown away by it.